Regional Project Monitoring Committee (RPMC)
Executive Order No. 93, s. 1993, mandates that the Regional Project Monitoring Committee (RPMC) to monitor, evaluate and formulate recommendations on the implementation of development plans and programs in the region.
The Committee monitors all foreign-assisted projects (loan or grant funded), interprovincial projects, area development projects, nationally-funded and locally-funded projects, and other projects considered critical by the Office of the President and the Regional Development Council, which are implemented in the region.
Its functions are as follows:
- Conduct regular quarterly meetings;
- Discuss problems and forwards recommendations to the Regional Development Council/Local Development Council;
- Elevate problems/issues to appropriate bodies;
- Initiate problem-solving sessions, when necessary, to resolve specific issues with concerned agencies/entities;
- Provide feedback on remedial actions of the RPMC and the RDC and follow-up their implementation; and
- Prepare/disseminate periodic monitoring reports.
You may address communications to:
MEYLENE C. ROSALES
RPMC Chairperson, and
NEDA VIII Regional Director
Regional Research, Development and Innovation Committee (RRDIC)
Recognizing the importance of research, development, and innovation in attaining the vision of a developed and prosperous region, the RDC VIII created the RRDIC through Resolution No. 121-B, s. 2017.
The Committee aims to bridge the gap of regional socioeconomic development by ensuring that researches, innovations and other science and technology-based projects are relevant, responsive and aligned with the regional development thrusts.
Its role, functions, and responsibilities are the following:
- Plan the regional R&D agenda, specifically the research priorities addressing the needs of various sectors in the region;
- Set regional policies and direction on research, development and innovation and reflect these in the Regional Development Plan through the chapter on Science, Technology and Innovation;
- Spearhead inter-agency collaboration/ partnership in RDI and S&T activities;
- Promote the adoption of publicly-funded RDI results;
- Recommend policies or actions that may be adopted by RDC (MMDA in the case of NCR) to stimulate an innovation – driven economy in the region;
- Serve as a venue for the discussion of research, development and innovation – related issues and concerns; and
- Assist the different Consortia in identifying their research priorities which should be aligned to the Eastern Visayas Regional Research and Development Agenda.
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) VIII is currently the Secretariat of the RRDIC VIII. They can be reached at:
Government Center, Candahug
Palo, Leyte, 6501
email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Statistics Committee (RSC)
The Regional Statistical Coordination Committee (RSCC) provides direction and guidance to statistical development activities in the region. Created through NSCB Resolution No. 1, Series of 1992, the Committee serves as the regional counterpart of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Board.
It performs the following functions:
- Oversee the implementation of policy decisions made by the PSA and the adoption of prescribed statistical standard methodologies and classification system in the region;
- Institute measures to strengthen the statistical capability in the region by resolving problems and issues peculiar to the area within the context of national statistical policies and by setting priority on the statistical activities thereby ensuring the timely production of useful and reliable data for regional/local development planning and decision-making;
- Elevate statistical matters specific to the region and its provinces to the PSA Executive Board through the RDC;
- Create inter-agency committees (technical working groups and task forces) that could attend to technical issues and problems and to supervise the activities of these committees;
- Meet at least once a quarter at such date, time and place it may decide; and
- Submit periodic reports to the PSA and to the RDC of statistical development activities in the region.
In Eastern Visayas, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) 8 serves as the Secretariat of the Committee.
Regional Land Use Committee (RLUC)
The RLUC deals with land use and physical planning, decides on land use conflicts involving two or more municipalities, and provides policy directions in the performance of physical planning functions.
Created through EO No. 770, s. 2008, the RLUC performs the following functions:
- Formulate and periodically update the Regional Physical Framework Plan (RPFP), taking into consideration national, interregional, regional and local plans and policies;
- Promote the integration of land use and physical planning policies, plans and programs, including disaster risk management into the regional socio-economic plans and programs;
- Review, prior to the local Sanggunian’s approval, the Provincial Development and Physical Framework Plan and Comprehensive Land Use Plan of highly urbanized and independent component cities to ensure consistency with the RPFP and pertinent policies, standards and guidelines set forth by the NB-NLUC;
- Decide and resolve region-specific land use policy conflicts among government agencies, and elevate to the NB-NLUC any unresolved conflicts at the regional level. In deciding land use policy conflicts, the RLUC shall use the RPFP as primary reference;
- Review and recommend appropriate actions to the NB-NLUC on land use policy conflicts between or among national government agencies;
- Assess changes in land use and other physical resources in the region and the implementation of RPFP policies;
- As input to the RDC endorsement, evaluate the consistency of major programs and projects with the RPFP and their impact on land use and the environment;
- Undertake the gathering, updating and maintenance of a regional database system; and
- Perform other related functions as may be directed by the NB-NLUC.
The RLUC VIII is currently led by NEDA as Chairperson of the Committee.
Regional Gender and Development Committee (RGADC)
Created through Philippine Commission on Women and National Economic and Development Authority Joint Memorandum Circular 2016-01 entitled “Guidelines on the Creation, Strengthening and Institutionalization of a Regional Gender and Development Committee under the Regional Development Council” on 28 March 2016, the Regional Gender and Development Committee (RGADC) is tasked to coordinate gender-related activities in the region and recommend gender-related policies to the RDC.
Specifically, it is tasked to:
- Mainstream Gender and Development in the policies, programs, projects and activities; and
- Ensure maximum and effective coordination of Gender and Development mainstreaming efforts, structural and functional linkages with oversight coordinative bodies, such as the RDCs and LDCs
DTI VIII is currently the secretariat of the RGADC VIII, through the leadership of RGADC VIII Chairperson and DTI VIII Regional Director, Celerina T. Bato.